Testimonials and gallery
What our students say:
- Irem (15 year old from Germany) on youtube
- I studied on the Ielts course for 5 months at Tayside Language Centre. When I started IELTS preparation for the exam I didn’t know anything about it. Thanks to my teacher at TLC I got the necessary knowledge and skills to pass the exam.
I did a lot of practice tests with Joyce and also she gave me a lot of homework and additional books and information for the exam. When I struggled with something my teacher gave me help every time. I did have a lot of problems with reading because of the synonyms and understanding the general ideas of texts and also with spelling. We practised the problem areas every time when I had the Ielts class. I didn’t believe that I would pass the exam but thanks to Joyce I got it! (Gabi from Bulgaria)
- It was very nice and useful to have an English course at Tayside Language Centre. I liked your method. You gave not much homework and therefore learning was pleasant and not too hard, but effective.
It was very interesting to talk to several tutors, to discuss different subjects.
I know a lot about traditions and life in Scotland and the UK. And I hope you know some more about Russia from me.
Thanks to you I believe I know English quite well! Thank you very much! (Polina from Russia)
- Can I just say that we really enjoyed the classes which proved very useful. Furthermore, can I also say that we really appreciated your friendliness, patience and sense of humour. I think you needed it, if only for teaching us. I'd have no hesitation in recommending your services to anyone who asked. (Group from French for businesses)
- I found the tailor-made Business English course extremely useful for my needs. I'm sure it will help me to improve my business communication in my job. The teacher was really professional, proactive, prepared a lot of appropriate materials and made the lessons exciting and interesting. The environment was really friendly and I felt very confident and at ease. (Patrizia from Italy)
- The teacher is very encouraging and enthusiastic and makes the course interesting. Grammar is also explained well. (student of Italian explorer class)
- Informal but structured, makes you feel comfortable and the teacher encouraged me to ask questions. (student of Japanese discovery class)
- I have been a student at Tayside Language Centre for some time now. I study Dutch, 1 to 1, and I cannot express enough how much I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy these classes. The speed at which my Dutch language skills have improved continues to amaze me and the encouragement I have received has led to my successful application to Dundee University’s summer access school. The staff are friendly, helpful and a pleasure to be around, as are all the teachers there. Testament to my getting much out of my classes at Tayside Language Centre is the fact that I am now also taking a French discovery class!
(Student of Dutch)
- "I would like to thank you very much for your help! I had my presentation on Thursday and everything went fine. I thought about all your advice and tried to keep the audience interested! I was asked a few questions during the presentation, not as tricky as yours! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciated the time spent with you." (English presentation skills)
- "C'est exactement ce que je cherchais, et j'ai trouvé le cours très
intéressant et un grand plaisir - merci" (French 1-to1)
- "I have been having private Dutch lessons with Joyce Hinrichs for
several months now and I am enjoying them very much. She is a very good
teacher – she explains the language really well and has the gift of making
learning interesting and enjoyable as well as good fun! She is also positive
and supportive and really encourages you to make progress. Added to this,
Joyce is a warm, friendly person with a great sense of humour and the lessons
go by all too quickly. I would recommend her with confidence as a language
tutor." (Dutch 1-to-1)
- "I was learning at my own pace."(French Intermediate)
- "Fabulous opportunity with only a few students." (Spanish beginners)
- "A variety of approaches made the course fun. The Centre is flexible and can adjust to each student's requirements." (Spanish beginners)
- "I appreciated the flexibility in times and times of year held. Small classes, learned a lot. Good course, pity a lot of people don't know these courses exist." (Russian Discovery)